Infrastructure and collaboration
Planning Priority C1 (Actions 1 – 6)
Planning Priority C2 (Action 7)
- Place-based Infrastructure Compact (PIC) Pilot: The PIC Pilot was completed for Greater Parramatta and the Olympic Peninsula (GPOP). The Commission’s recommendations were provided to the NSW Government in March 2020, following public exhibition (Nov–Dec 2019). The NSW Government is now considering its response.
- NSW Health: Construction of the $700 million Blacktown and Mount Druitt Hospitals Redevelopment Stage 1 & 2. Construction completion of the Westmead Central Acute Services Building, part of the $1 billion Westmead Redevelopment. Commencement of the $619 million Children's Hospital at Westmead, Stage 2 redevelopment. Rouse Hill Hospital - Stage 1 - planning underway. Construction on the Merrylands HealthOne completed (part of $100m program). Planning underway on the Bungarribee House replacement, Blacktown Hospital (part of the $700m Statewide Mental Health Infrastructure Program). Planning underway on the Bunya Unit relocation, Blacktown Hospital (part of the $700m Statewide Mental Health Infrastructure Program)50.
- School Infrastructure NSW: Has 21 upgrade projects, 6 new schools are in planning or underway, and 8 upgrades and 2 new schools completed. 28 schools in the district have participated in the Share Our Space Program51.
- Marsden Park Public School: To accommodate up to 1,000 students approved as part of Planning Acceleration Program52.
- Local Infrastructure: In financial year 2018-19, over $270 million was received from development contributions and voluntary planning agreements which helped fund local roads, stormwater management and land for open space and community services and other public benefits53.
- District Arts, Culture and Sport: Cricket NSW Centre of Excellence, Parramatta, training and administration facility to service both regional and metropolitan cricketers approved as part of the Planning Acceleration Program54.