The fourth annual awards, conducted by the Greater Sydney Commission and presented by Chief Commissioner Geoff Roberts AM, were celebrated online on Thursday 29 October. Nominees included local government, State agencies and a broad range of private sector organisations.
This year's winners are:
- Chief Commissioner's Award: Streets as Shared Spaces program - Public Spaces Division, Place, Design and Public Spaces Group, DPIE
- Great Community Collaboration: Northern Beaches Council - for outstanding commitment to community collaboration
- Place-based Collaboration Award: Campbelltown City Centre Master Plan - Campbelltown City Council
- Development Supported by Infrastructure: Marrick & Co - Mirvac
- Great New Place to Live and/or Work: Hudson District Park - Strathfield Council
- Planning for Jobs and Skills: Local Jobs for Local People - Liverpool City Council
- Great Sustainability Initiative: Cycling and Micromobility Network for Greater Sydney - Transport for NSW
- Planning Disruptor: On The Go: How Women Travel Around Our City, a case study on active transport across Sydney - Cred Consulting and City of Sydney
Chief Commissioner Geoff Roberts AM said "Recognising and celebrating excellence in planning is an important way of advocating for the future of our metropolis.
"These winning plans and projects are a much-needed reminder that though many aspects of our lives have changed in recent months, our cities and great places remain life-giving hubs where communities and economies thrive, innovate and create."
To read more about the winners and the commended entries, visit our Greater Sydney Planning Awards page.