If so, we are looking for a young Sydneysider from the South District to join our Greater Sydney Commission Youth Panel.
Recognising the importance of listening to youth voices, the Commission established the Greater Sydney Commission Youth Panel, with two representatives from each of the five Greater Sydney Districts. Recently, one of the South District representative roles has become vacant and we are recruiting for a replacement.
The aim of the Panel is to provide insights on strategic planning issues affecting young people across Greater Sydney and provide advice and support to the Commission and Commissioners when engaging young people in Commission activities.
Do you qualify?
- Age – applicants must be at least 16 years of age and no older than 30 upon application.
- Location – applicants must be living in the South District and intending to remain residing within the District for the next two years. South District LGAs are as follows: Canterbury-Bankstown, Georges River and Sutherland Shire.
- Experience/expertise – applicants will be selected based on their experience in strategic planning and/or engaging with young people.
What do you have to do?
- The Youth Panel meets four times a year as well as ad hoc meetings and events that are scheduled throughout the year.
How do you apply?
- Applications are closed.
- Youth Panel members are paid an hourly rate of $100 for each meeting and/or event they attend.
Applications closed 5pm on Monday 26 April 2021.