The indicator matrix below shows the intersection of the performance indicators with the 10 Directions for a Greater Sydney.
What the indicators tell us
The Greater Sydney performance indicators tell us we need to:
- Align jobs, education and housing
- Increase access to education opportunities
- Increase housing diversity
- Improve connectivity
- Increase opportunities for trips by walking
- Increase tree canopy.
Greater Sydney Dashboard
The Greater Sydney Dashboard is a single point of access to government data that is important to understanding what is happening across Greater Sydney. It is an interactive tool that provides links to a wide range of data sources to help monitor growth and change. It will continue to be developed as new and updated data becomes available.
The Greater Sydney Dashboard includes the context data for the 10 Directions and data used in the performance indicators.
Reporting on the Plans
The Pulse of Greater Sydney creates a foundation for us to understand how Greater Sydney is tracking towards achieving the vision for A Metropolis of Three Cities. It will be updated and published annually. The Commission’s annual report will also provide updates on the actions of the Greater Sydney Region Plan and the five district plans.
As we develop the indicators some may be difficult to measure at a Region or even district scale. In the short to medium-term they may be best monitored at a precinct level.
Over the next 12 months additional parallel activities to assist monitoring and reporting of the Plans will include:
- performance indicator expansion and refinement to capture a broader range of issues relevant to the Plans
- regular updates of context data on the Dashboard as new information becomes available
- State agency progress on delivering Region Plan actions
- councils’ delivery of local strategic planning statements and updates to local environmental plans.
Updated - 1 August 2019 (to address minor errors and inconsistencies)