- Ahmadpour, N., Keirnan, A. 2016, Design for Ageing-in-place: Evidence from Australia. Proceedings of DRS 2016, Design Research Society 50th Anniversary Conference, Brighton, UK, 27–30 June 2016
- Australian Bureau of Statistics 2016, 2016 Census of Population and Housing, ABS, Canberra
- NSW Ministry of Health Centre of Epidemiology and Evidence 2015, NSW Population Health Survey, NSW Government Sydney
- Australian Bureau of Statistics 2016, 2016 Census of Population & Housing, ABS, Canberra.
- PwC. 2015. A smart move. Future-proofing Australia’s workforce by growing skills in science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM). PwC: Sydney.
- City Futures Research Centre 2013, Implementing metropolitan planning strategies: taking into account local housing demand – Technical Report, City Futures Research Centre, UNSW, Sydney
- NSW Department of Planning and Environment 2016, Metropolitan Housing Monitor Greater Sydney Region, NSW Government, Sydney.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics 2011, Census of Population & Housing, ABS, Canberra.
- Transport for NSW 2016, Western Sydney Freight Line and Intermodal Terminal viewed 31 July https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/sites/default/files/b2b/projects/west-s...
- Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development 2016, Western Sydney Airport – Environmental Impact Statement, Australian Government Australia
- Ernst & Young 2017, Western Sydney Airport Market Analysis, Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development, Western Sydney Unit.
- Tourism Research Australia 2017. Year End December 2016, National and International Visitor Surveys
- Blue Mountains Economic Enterprise, Blue Mountains Tourism Employment, Blue Mountains Economic Enterprise, Katoomba. http://www.economyprofile.com.au/bluemountains/tourism, viewed 15 March 2018.
- Deloitte 2016, Westmead Innovation District: Building Western Sydney’s job engine 2016-2036 which references https://www.brookings.edu/innovation-districts/
- Western Sydney University, https://www.westernsydney.edu.au/
chancellery/peter_pickering/current_projects/macarthur_clinical_school, viewed 15 March 2018
- National Institute of Economic and Industry Research and Economy id.
- SGS Economics & Planning, 2017, Sydney’s Urban Services Land: Establishing a Baseline Provision, Report prepared for the Greater Sydney Commission, draft report June 2017
- Deep End Services 2016, Sydney Retail Demand and Supply Consultancy Stage 1, 2 and 3 reports. https://gsc-public-1.s3.amazonaws.com/s3fs-public/Sydney_retail_demand_and_supply_consultancy_Stage_1_final_report.pdf
- NSW Department of Primary Industries, The Hawkesbury Nepean catchment, viewed 15 March 2018, http://www.water.nsw.gov.au/water-management/basins-and-catchments/hawke...
- Greater Sydney Commission, 2016, Greater Sydney Public Open Space Audit, viewed 15 March 2018 https://gsc-public-1.s3.amazonaws.com/s3fs-public/Greater_Sydney_Open_Sp...
- NSW Office of Environment and Heritage Government 2015, Technical Guidelines for Urban Green Cover in NSW, NSW Government, Sydney
- Australian Bureau of Statistics, Value of Agricultural Commodities Produced, Australia, 2015-16, Cataolgue no: 7503.0, ABS, Canberra, 2017
Note: The source of population, dwellings and household data in this Plan is from the NSW Department of Planning and Environment, 2016 NSW State and Local Government Area Population and Household Projections and Implied Dwelling Requirements 2016 to 2036. Population projections provide an indication of the size and age-sex structure of the future population if specified assumptions about future fertility, mortality and migration are realised. The projections are based on final 30 June 2011 Estimated Resident Populations (ERPs) supplied by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS). Finalised ERPs incorporating the 2016 Census of Population and Housing are not expected from the ABS until mid-2018.
This Western City District Plan was prepared by the Greater Sydney Commission. It contains information, data, documents, pages and images (“the material”) prepared by the Greater Sydney Commission (the Commission).
The material is subject to copyright under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), and it is owned by the State of New South Wales through the Commission. The Commission encourages the availability, dissemination and exchange of public information. You may copy, distribute, display, download and otherwise freely deal with the material for any purpose, on the condition that you include the copyright notice “© State of New South Wales through the Greater Sydney Commission” on all uses.
You must, however, obtain permission from the Commission if you wish to:
- charge others for access to the work (other than at cost)
- include all or part of the work in advertising or a product for sale, or modify the work.
To obtain such permission, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may publish the material to another website, however if you publish an entire document or publication, we prefer you to make a direct link to the Commission’s website to ensure that the latest version is always displayed.
This permission does not extend to copyright in the materials on the Commission’s website that are owned by others.
The Commission cannot and does not make any claim as to the accuracy, authenticity, currency, completeness, reliability or suitability of any material supplied by third parties or linked to third party sites. The Commission will not accept liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense that you may incur as a result of the use of or reliance upon the material in the District Plan or any linked sites. Please also note the material may change without notice and you should use the current material from the Commission’s website and not rely on material previously printed or stored by you.
Please note: There was a factual error in the current Western City District Plan with an incorrect reference made to the Commonwealth's approach to planning for noise around airports, known as Guideline A. The NSW Government has not adopted the Commonwealth approach and instead works within guidelines contained in the National Airports Safeguarding Framework. We worked with the Department of Planning and Environment to correct the error. For more information.
Western City District Plan
March 2018 © State of New South Wales
through the Greater Sydney Commission